Best Indian Betting Sites
With a huge number of Indian betting sites and bookmakers operating online today, it can be difficult for punters to find the platform that best suits their needs.
Sports betting has become increasingly popular in India over recent years, which perhaps comes as little surprise due to their love of both the internet and competitive action. There are now a range of sports betting websites available to gambers in India, with rupees being accepted as a currency. However, finding the best online sportsbook is not always the easiest of tasks, which is why here at Sportsbetting24 we have all bases covered in order to aid your decision. On our platform, readers will find nothing but the best online sports betting sites available to customers in India. Our experts have reviewed a range of services and features in order to do so, which includes markets, promotions, customer service and live streaming. Having read this guide, punters will have a much clearer understanding of the options available to them at this time, allowing them to find the right sports gambling site for them.
Sports betting has become increasingly popular in India over recent years, which perhaps comes as little surprise due to their love of both the internet and competitive action. There are now a range of sports betting websites available to gambers in India, with rupees being accepted as a currency. However, finding the best online sportsbook is not always the easiest of tasks, which is why here at Sportsbetting24 we have all bases covered in order to aid your decision.
On our platform, readers will find nothing but the best online sports betting sites available to customers in India. Our experts have reviewed a range of services and features in order to do so, which includes markets, promotions, customer service and live streaming. Having read this guide, punters will have a much clearer understanding of the options available to them at this time, allowing them to find the right sports gambling site for them.
Best Indian Online Betting Sites List 2020
Betting in India
There are now a number of legal online betting sites available to those based in India, despite this area still being somewhat difficult to understand. Indian citizens certainly love placing sports bets however, with a large proportion of such bets being wagered on overseas platforms. In the majority of the country, laws surrounding wagering on sports were established in the 19th century, with between 3-4 million INR now being spent each year by betting customers. While this perhaps comes as little surprise given that an estimated 400 million people in India now watch sporting action, this shows just how big the market is for established bookmakers.
Cricket is the national sport in India, with the sport being played and watched by a huge number of individuals today. However, Indian’s are also big fans of football, basketball, badminton and a wide range of other disciplines, with many being available to bet on at some major online sportsbooks.
As a rule, it is best to only gamble on sports where you have a good amount of knowledge. For most Indian players this means cricket is their gambling sport of choice. By choosing cricket, there are less things to learn on the way to becoming a winning and profitable sports gambler. It will be easier to make a selection because of the existing knowledge and skill.
How to Find the Best Betting Sites in India
With more and more online sports betting sites looking to tap into the lucrative Indian market, it can be difficult to choose between them. However, with not all providing the security, range of markets and usability required, we deliver only the most effecient and competitive. However, just what criteria must a sportsbook meet in order to be classified as one of the best gambling sites around? Let’s take a closer look at how to find the best betting site to meet your needs.
It is hugely important to carry out research before registering with a bookmaker. With so much information readily available to potential customers today, especially through our experts here at Sportsbetting24, be sure to check out exactly what features and services are available on different gambling sites.
Come up with a betting strategy before staking any funds online, with your individual strategy likely to effect the bookmaker in which you end up registering with. If your strategy is based around placing bets using promotions, it is important to find a bookmaker with a range of bonuses and offers. However, if you are looking simply for the best prices, then odds comparison sites are worthwhile also.
Best Betting Sites – The Factors We Consider
Upon carrying out betting site reviews, there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration, which will add up to make up an overall score. The main considerations are as follows:
- Markets – The best betting sites offer a variety of sports markets, ranging from traditionally popular events from the world of cricket and soccer, to more modern disciplines such as eSports and UFC. In doing so, bookmakers cater for the majority of punters, ensuring that they always have options when it comes to placing bets.
- Odds – Leading betting sites should also offer competitive odds across all sports, as this will ultimately effect how much punters earn from placing successful bets. Meanwhile, some operators will choose to specialise in a particular area, meaning that prices may differ between markets.
- Promotions – Bonuses and offers help punters to maximise winnings and minimise losses, making them hugely appealing. The best betting sites will offer a generous welcome bonus, as well as ongoing promotions for existing customers, including price boosts and accumulator insurance.
- Live Betting – Live, or in-play, betting has become one of the most popular forms of wagering on sports over recent years, with its excitement and potential rewards meaning that many bookmakers place a large emphasis on this area of their platform.
- Mobile – Whether it be via a dedicated app or mobile-friendly website, the majority of betting sites make it easier than ever to place bets on the move. There is now no need to have access to your desktop in order to back your favourite teams and players.
- Design – Bookmaker sites must utilise a simplistic design, that will make it easy for users to move around, without getting distracted by unnecessary information of imagery.
- Usability – On a similar note, the best betting sites allow quick access to markets and features found on their platforms, whilst also ensuring that bets can be placed in just a matter of seconds.
- VIP Program – Loyal customers are often rewarded for their continued betting online, with bookmakers putting VIP programs in place in order to do so. Free bets, price boosts or enhanced winnings may be on offer on the best betting sites.
- Additional Features – The best betting sites provide a range of additional features, including live streaming and cashing out. Such features undoubtedly enhance the entire user experience.
- Banking – When it comes to depositing and withdrawing cash, your bookmaker should make a number of methods of banking available, whilst processing transactions quickly and without any fee.
- Security – Betting sites must ensure that all actions made by customers are done so safely, with a number of security measures being required, including SSL encryptions and valid gambling licenses.
- Customer Service – It is always reassuring to know that help is on hand when needed, with leading bookmakers offering punters the opportunity to communicate with support agents via telephone, email and live chat 24 hours a day.
22Bet and LeoVegas Sport are undoubtedly two of the leading betting sites available to punters in India today, however how do their odds compare? Let’s take a look at odds from the opening Ashes Test match between England and Australia in order to demonstrate further how such sites compare.
As we can see from looking at the odds available on this cricket match with both 22Bet and LeoVegas Sport, the two bookmakers offer similar prices. Those looking to back an England win would receive winnings of ₹955 from a ₹500 bet with 22Bet, compared to ₹1000 with LeoVegas.
Odds can be used in order to work out how competitive a particular betting site is surrounding a sporting event, enabling punters to quickly work out their potential earnings. When it comes to betting sites available to customers in India, odds generally differ from sport to sport, meaning that it is important to do your research before registering.
Betting Sites Odds Rankings
Odds Comparison Summary
Odds comparison platforms should be used on a regular basis, with even the smallest price difference leading to a potentially significant change in terms of potential winnings. So, no matter what type of bet you are looking to place, make sure that you are taking advantage of nothing but the best odds, which may mean registering with more than one bookmaker.
What Makes a Good Betting Site?
As previously mentioned, there are a number of factors that add up to make a good or bad betting site, with punters being advised to look for a bookie offering a variety of sports markets, competitive odds and a range of additional features. Additional features can include security, customer service, live streaming, cashing out and promotions among others, which can all make the wagering process all the more rewarding and exciting.
Whilst it may appear difficult to separate the leading betting sites within the industry today, be sure to put the time in when researching, with the best platform being the one which bets suits your needs.
With a whole host of bookmakers now catering for betting customers in India, from well-known bookmakers to up and coming platforms, it is important to understand exactly what makes a good gambling site?:
The websites discussed on our site are nothing but trustworthy and reliable, with these bookmakers having gained strong reputations for their work in this area over the years. State of the art SSL encryptions and licenses from respected gambling authorities are definately must have’s for any betting platform. With a large number of illegal bookmakers operating in India today, this is of huge importance.
Whether it be via telephone, email or live chat, the ability to quickly communicate with support agents is crucial. While problems are unlikely to crop up on a regular basis if you are registered with one of the best sports betting sites, it is always reassuring to know that help is on hand.
Bookmakers who accept rupees as a currency are becoming more common, however the speed of transactions is also likely to effect your wagering online. Fast deposits and withdrawals are always nice, with many betting sites now also ensuring that no additional fees are required.
Most companies have enabled a very wide range of payment methods for their bettors. Most have enabled money to be deposited by bank transfer, or from a bank card, via e-wallet and similar services such as Skrill and Neteller. It is obviously in the best interests of companies to enable as many options to pay and withdraw money for their players as possible.
With those in India now being fans of a wide range of sports, it is important that bookmakers cater for such diversity in their betting markets. From cricket and football to volleyball and table tennis, the best bookmakers offer a wide range of markets.
The odds are perhaps the most important thing to consider for those looking for consistent winnings, with a betting site only being as good as the prices in which they offer.
Bonuses and offers are often used by bookmakers in order to attract customers, however they are also a proven method of maximising winnings and minimising losses.
Through its design and interface, a bookmaker can ensure that its website is easy to use. Moving freely between markets and features is a must.
Why are Bonuses & Promotions Important?
As previously mentioned, a large number of betting sites will offer bonuses and promotions in order to both attract new customers and maintain the satisfaction levels of existing punters. Whilst they should not form the entire basis of your decision when looking for a new betting site, promotions should certainly be taken into consideration.
Advantages of Promotions
Promotions can often enhance your chances of beating the bookmaker when betting online, whether it be a new customer bonus or enhanced odds offer. Such offers provide an excellent platform to build upon, whilst also sometimes effectively making placing a losing bet more difficult.
The type of bonus available to punters will vary between bookmakers, however the most common include free bets, matched deposit and no deposit bonuses. Free bets are generally used as a method of welcoming new customers, however they are also occasionally used as a reward for loyal punters too. Meanwhile, betting sites will regularly offer a matched deposit offer to new customers, for example, those registering and depositing ₹1000 will receive an opening kitty of ₹2000 thanks to such promotions. Elsewhere, despite being more common with online casino’s, no deposit bonuses are also sometimes available to sports betting customers.
How to Find the Best Bonus Offer for Indians
The best betting bonuses are not simply the ones featuring the biggest potential reward, with such promotions generally coming with wagering requirements that effect your chances of withdrawing any winnings earned. As a result, the following factors must be taken into consideration beforehand.
The total bonus amount may have to be wagered a certain number of times, which will differ from bookmaker to bookmaker, which ultimately makes your chances of taking home winnings a little for challenging.
Elsewhere, some betting sites will place a minimum odds level that must be met when placing qualifying bets, meaning that simply backing the overwhelming favourites is not an option.
The majority of betting sites will set a timeframe somewhere between four and 30 days, depending on the bonus type, in which wagering requirements must be met.
What is a Fair Bonus?
Punters must understand that bookmakers operate in order to make money, meaning that a fair bonus will give both themselves and punters a good chance of coming out on top. As a result, the bonus amount that is available will be appealing, but also come with a realistic chance of producing withdrawable winnings in a relatively short period of time. So, do not simply register with a betting site offering a huge welcome bonus, as factors such as odds and markets are of greater importance, plus your chances of actually withdrawing this amount is likely to be slim.
Best betting Sites in India
888Sport – Scandinavian bookmaker 888Sport has quickly become one of the most popular betting sites in India, thanks to their odds quality, range of markets and range of promotions, whilst they have also recently introduced a live streaming service on both desktop and mobile platforms.
LeoVegas Sport – Despite being better known for their casino platform, LeoVegas Sport is attracting an increasing number of punters due to their attractive welcome offer and range of in-play markets.
22Bet – 22Bet are one of the newest betting sites catering for punters based in India, however their hugely competitive odds, vast array of sports markets and range of promotions for existing customers means that they have already achieved good success levels.
UniBet – UniBet is another bookie who performs well when it comes to football, with a range of markets in this area, coupled with their excellent odds, making them a good option for any fan of the beautiful game.
Betway – Betway are a particular good option for those who enjoy betting on popular European sporting events, with their range of soccer, tennis and cricket markets being of great appeal. As well as this, the bookmaker offers live streaming from a variety of sports, along with a range of generous promotions.
- Fully encrypted betting platform
- Good variety of offers
- Speedy withdrawals
- Competetive odds
- Generous welcome offer
- Easy-to-use platform
- 70 sports during the year
- 24/7 customer support
- App for all devices no download req.
Which are the Best Betting Sites in India for each Sport?
- Cricket – When it comes to cricket, punters should have the opportunity to bet on the IPL, ODI, T20 and Test matches from around the world. After our tests, we think best bookmaker for cricket is 22Bet.
- Soccer – Soccer is now one the most popular sports when it comes to betting in India, with matches from around the world attracting interest from punters. Whether it be the Premier League, Champions League or World Cup, you will do well to find a betting site better than UniBet when it comes to soccer. The bookmaker offers punters the chance to place a range of bets on a huge number of matches, with some of the best odds around.
- Tennis – Thanks to the dominance of the top players, tennis has also become an increasingly popular market for betting customers. Grand Slams including Wimbledon and the US Open attract a great deal of interest, along with ATP and WTA events taking place throughout the year. 888Sport performs well when it comes to tennis, while they also offer promotions surrounding the sport on a regular basis.
- American Sports – Basketball, American football, baseball and ice hockey are also in-demand from punters, with US sports being increasingly popular in India also. LeoVegas is certainly a betting site worth considering for those Indians who enjoy action from the US, with companies offering a range of markets and generous promotions on games at all levels.
- Esports – Esports is the latest craze to sweep the nation, with events from around the world now being available to bet upon. As one of the newest online betting sites around, it perhaps comes as little surprise that 22Bet cover Esports in great detail, whether it be CS:GO or Dota.
- Horse Racing – As the most traditional sports betting market around, horse racing is still hugely popular for Indian-based punters, especially when it comes to major events including the Cheltenham Festival and Kentucky Derby. Betway cover all major meetings, including races from the US, Australia and UK.
- Casinos – While this is not a sport, not every company has a casino product available online. If you like to mix up your games by adding some spins, finding an operator with a good online casino to gamble with should add to your fun.
Betting Regulations in India
There has been significant talk over the last 12 months regarding the regulation of betting in India by the government, however at present, the rules found in the Public Gambling Act 1867 still apply. Government regulation is normally designed to both provide a safe gambling experience for players and to raise tax revenues. This means that while sports betting is not permitted, individual states are able to create their own laws when it comes to gambling. Also, the Central Lotteries Act of 1998 exempts state approved lotteries from punishment, meaning that many major online bookmakers are legal in the country. In terms of sports betting, the state of Sikkim allows for legal wagering, while in others there are stricter laws. However, the strict laws stated by the Public Gambling Act of 1867 are rarely enforced at a recreational level.
Those people based in India are able to take advantage of foreign-based online bookmakers, with many now accepting wagers in Rupees. Meanwhile, major bookmakers are legal and licensed in the countries from which they operate, meaning that Indian punters are able to take advantage of them too. However, it is hugely important to register with a reputable bookmaker, that holds a valid license for customers in India. There are additional laws when it comes to income tax in India, with any winnings being subject to a 30% rate.
Which Betting Sites Should I Avoid?
When it comes to betting online, it is crucial that you operate on a platform that is secure, reliable and trustworthy. All of the bookmakers discussed on our site have a range of security measures in place, while they are also licensed and regulated by respected authorities, meaning that they are also reliable. As a result, readers can rest assured that registering with such bookmakers will not put them at risk of fraud or any other potential disadvantages.
Q. What is a good bonus?
A. A good bonus is one that gives punters a realistic chance of coming out on top and withdrawing winnings off the back of it, rather than simply the bookmaker offering the highest funds.
Q. What terms and conditions should I be aware of?
A. When it comes to taking advantage of a bonus, punters must take into consideration factors such as the minimum odds, turnover requirements and time period beforehand.
Q. Which betting site is the best?
A. All of the betting sites discussed on our site are among the best for punters in India, however the platform that is best will range from customer to customer.
Q. Is betting legal in India?
A. Betting in India is regulated by individual states, however punters are able to take advantage of bookmakers who are regulated by authorities from further afield.
Q. Can I register with more than one bookie?
A. Absolutely. There are no rules when it comes to the number of betting you can sign-up with.
Here at Sportsbetting24, our experts have all bases covered when it comes to betting online, including everything from the best bookmakers to sports tips. We provide up to date and relevant information, designed to help customers in India beat the bookmakers on a regular basis. For those looking for a trustworthy and reliable source of information, whether you are new to the industry or consider yourself as something of a seasoned professional, Sportsbetting24 is the place to be.
Such requirements are likely to have an effect upon the likelyhood of eventually making withdrawals off the back of receiving bonus funds, meaning that is if hugely important to read any conditions before utilising any offers available. Let’s take a look at some of the forms of bonuses and promotions offered by bookmakers online today:
- Matched Bets – Often used by bookmakers in order to attract new customers, this form of offer will be matched with a certain percentage when either depositing funds or placing an opening bet. This form of promotion can provide an excellent platform to build upon, with anything between 50% to 200% normally offered by bookmakers.
- Deposit Bonuses – Despite being more commonnly found with online casino’s, deposit bonuses are becoming more common with bookmakers too, whether it be a double the money on your first deposit or a certain percentage. Bonus funds can then be used on a range of sports markets, with customers having to generally meet certain wagering requirements before withdrawals can be made.
- Risk Free Bets – Risk free bets are one of the most popular forms of promotion for any customer, with this offer meaning that there is no risk of losing your own money when wagering using it. There are generally relatively few terms and conditions surrounding such offers, making them even more popular.
- Free Bets – There is nothing better than receiving a free bet from your bookmaker, which are normally offered as a reward for consistent wagering over a certain time frame. Punters can also earn free bets by meeting certain wagering criteria, such as placing a specified amount of in-play bets.
When betting online, be sure to take into account the following tips before registering with a particular bookmaker:
1. Be sure to do your research before signing-up with a particular bookmaker, which includes visiting their website, reading reviews and ensuring that they offer a secure platform.
2. Try not to be drawn in simply because of a bookmaker’s welcome bonus, with odds and range of markets being of greater importance.
3. Features including live streaming and cashing out undoubtedly enhance the user experience when betting online, so register on a platform that performs well in this area too.
4. The best betting sites work hard in ensuring that their customer service is as efficient as it can be. So, be sure to check how you would make contact if necessary, whether it be via telephone, email or live chat.
5. It may sound silly, however ensuring that you can withdraw winnings whenever you wish to is of huge importance. Some betting sites have gained a reputation for failing to deliver on this front.
Betting Sites Comparison Summary
As you will have discovered, there are a number of good betting sites available to punters in India today, with each offering something a little different. This is why betting site comparison has become so important, whether it be surrounding odds, promotions, markets or additional features. Be sure to check out our bookmaker reviews for a more detailed look at individual platforms.