Golf Betting Sites
Golf has long been a favourite pastime for many, however the sport has also become hugely prominent when it comes to betting too. With action taking place on a weekly basis from around the world, whether it be from the PGA, European or LPGA Tours, more and more bookmakers are now offering punters the opportunity to bet on the leading golfers today.
The sport is now very popular in India, with a large number of betting sites catering for fans of the sport when it come to wagering on major events. However, finding the right platform to best suit your betting needs is not always an easy process, with a huge number of bookmakers to choose from. Our experts have put together some of the factors in which customers must take into consideration when selecting which bookie to register with, as well as what separates the best from the rest.
Which are the best bookmakers for Golf betting?
How We Evaluate Golf Betting Sites
All of the betting sites discussed on out site are available to punters based in India, while they all come with their own positives and negatives. When evaluating different golf betting sites, it is important to take into consideration a range of factors, including the depth of markets, promotions, live betting and security. Be sure to check out our bookmaker reviews in order to fully understand how the best sites are separated, with each performing better in some areas than others. In total, the following points are evaluated by our experts:
- Does the betting site offer a generous welcome bonus and ongoing promotions?
- Does it deliver competitive odds for all golf markets?
- Are there fast and secure options for deposits and withdrawals for those based in India?
- Is the site licensed by a respected authority?
Criteria to Look Out for When Selecting a Golf Betting Site
Let’s take a closer look at the criteria in which we used in order to select from the wide variety of golf betting sites:
The best betting sites will generally have built good reputations thanks to their work in the industry, whether it be through their safety, odds or additional features.
All of the bookmakers discussed on our site are nothing but 100% secure, as well as being regulated by respected authorities within the industry. Betting sites use SSL encryptions to ensure that transactions are processed securely and personal details are kept secure, while a range of other measures are put in place too.
The majority of betting sites will offer customers some form of promotions in order to entice them into both registering and continued wagering. Welcome bonuses come in the form of free bets, matched deposits and enhanced odds offers, while there are normally a good amount of promotions available to existing customers also, with some being specific to golf markets.
For fans of golf, the variety and depth of markets on a betting site will be of huge importance, with tournaments taking place on a weekly basis during the season. Whether it be majors including the Masters and the Open, action from the PGA or European Tours or events from the increasingly popular women’s game, the best golf betting sites will offer a range of options to their customers.
Along with the range of markets, bookmakers nowadays also offer a large number of bet types when it comes to golf, which include both pre-tournament and in-play opportunities. Customers are able to bet on the individual winner of a specific event, as well as those who will finish inside the top five. Meanwhile, punters can sometimes bet on where the winning player will come from and margin of victory.
The ability to watch the action as it unfolds from golf tournaments around the world is not only enjoyable, it can also help customers to gain a much clearer understanding of how an event will end up. A small number of bookmakers now offer live streaming of golf events, with a small bet generally required in order to gain access. Live streaming also goes hand in hand with in-play markets, which are increasingly popular with golf fans.
All About Golf
Whether you are new to golf or consider yourself to be something of a seasoned professional, it is important to ensure that you understand both how the game is played and the rules surrounding it. Let’s kick things off by taking a look at the basic gameplay of the sport:
- The object of golf is to hit the ball into the hole in as few strokes as possible.
- Each hole has a “par” which is the recommended number of strokes it should take.
- One stroke under par on a single hole is called a birdie.
- One stroke over par on a single hole is called a bogey.
What You Need to Know About Golf Betting
Before you place your opening bet on a golf event, spend some time learning everything that can potentially effect the outcome, which those who with experience of playing the sport will know can be plenty of factors. All in all, the following are among the most important things to consider before backing your favourite golfers:
- Know the Courses – Each golf course is different, so it is definitely worthwhile to learn as much about them as possible. Such information is now easily accessible online, so there is no excuse!
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of Players – Some players will be better than others when it comes to driving, putting and approaching shots, with such information being hugely valuable when it comes to placing bets.
- Look at the Stats – Look at information regarding form, recent finishes and previous tournament performances before placing bets too, with some players favouring certain courses and times of the year over others.
- Watch the Skies – Weather, especially wind speed, can play a major factor. Once you know the weather forecast, you can compare it to the strengths of players to see who should excel under those conditions.
Golf Betting FAQ’s
How does golf betting work?
Golf betting works in a similar way to other sports gambling like tennis or soccer, however the most popular market is to back a particular player to win a tournament, rather than an individual game or match.
What golf tournaments can I bet on?
Customers are able to bet on a range of golf events, including all the major tournaments, the Masters, US Open, Open Championships. As well as this, competitions including the Ryder Cup, PGA and US PGA are on offer, along with events from the LPGA and the European Tour.
Can I watch golf online?
Yes. Many of the golf betting sites discussed on our site stream live coverage of the major tournaments and other events throughout the season, allowing punters to keep track of each and every shot as it is played.