Skrill Betting Sites in India 2021
As a result of gambling laws in India, punters can often find it difficult to find a payment method suitable for them. However, Skrill is an option that should meet the needs of most customers, being accepted on the vast majority of betting sites today. Established back in 2001, Skrill is now synonymous with the gambling industry. With an excellent reputation surrounding safety and the speed of payments, Skrill is one of the most popular methods of payment at betting sites. This page will outline exactly how Skrill works for punters in India, including its benefits and limitations.
Best Skrill Betting Site in India
What Is Skrill?
Formally known as Moneybookers, Skrill is an e-commerce platform which processes payments online. Owned by Skrill Limited, Skrill is based in the United Kingdom, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and licensed by the European Economic Area. Skrill is part of the Paysafe Group, which also operates Netelller and Paysafecard. Skrill supports payments in over 40 different currencies, including Indian Rupees, US Dollars and British Pounds. Skrill has over 500 employees, while they have recently became the official payment partner of Italian soccer team AC Milan.
How Does Skrill Work?
Skrill is an e-wallet style platform that delivers secure, fast and convenient online payments. Those opening an account with Skrill can make payments at a host of online merchants, including betting sites. Just a mobile number or email address is required to process payments, with most transactions being processed instantly. Skrill is also a good option for those looking to buy and sell using cryptocurrencies. A Skrill prepaid Mastercard and Skrill Virtual card can now also be opened, while Skrill is a platform that also be used to withdraw funds. Those with a Skrill account can also add a secondary account balance in a different currency, helping users to avoid conversion fees. Loyalty, VIP and Ambassador schemes are also on offer at Skrill, offering additional rewards to customers.
History of Skrill
Skrill was founded in 2001 in the UK, with the initially goal having been to provide an alternative to ATM or Mastercard. Having been known as Moneybookers initially, Skrill was born in 2013, with the company having already attracted a significant customer base by this point. Skrill was acquired by the Paysafe Group in 2015, helping it to expand yet further. Skrill is now available in over 200 different countries, including India, with over 40 million users across the globe. Skrill has picked up many industry awards over the years, including the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award and the EGP B2B Award. Skrill is now a name that is well-known in the gambling industry, with a huge number of bookmakers and online casinos accepting payments in this way.
Skrill in India
Skrill is an increasingly popular method of payment in India, with a large number of betting sites catering for Indian customers having introduced the wallet system over the years. Skrill’s popularity can also be attributed to the fact that it offers some of the lowest fees among the available e-wallets, while transactions are also processed quickly and safely. Skrill also processes payments directly in Indian Rupees, meaning that there are no conversion fees to worry about. Skrill is 100% legal in India, however player to player payments have been restricted since October 14, 2020.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using Skrill
For those still weighing up whether Skrill is for them, we have put together the main advantages and disadvantages of the payment method. Below are the pros and cons of Skrill, based on our experiences:
Skrill in Betting
It is little wonder that Skrill has become so popular when it comes to betting sites. Both deposits and withdrawals are processed quickly and discreetly, while exclusive betting promotions are available from time to time. Those with a Skrill wallet can wager at any time, from anywhere, whether operating on a desktop, mobile or tablet. Meanwhile, users can take advantage of 24/7 customer support, additional benefits and the Skrill VIP program.
How to Deposit and Withdraw Using Skrill
As we have already mentioned, both deposits and withdrawals are available via Skrill at betting sites. As a result, we have put together the following step by step guides for the two different options:
- Visit the Skrill website or download the Skrill mobile app.
- Sign up for a new account, a process we will outline in detail later on.
- Enter your chosen betting site and log in.
- Enter the cashier page and select the deposit option.
- Select Skrill as your chosen method of payment and enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- On the pop-up page, sign in to your Skrill account using the relevant details.
- Confirm the deposit.
The process is very similar when it comes to taking home winnings made at betting sites using Skrill. However, there are some important factors to take into consideration. Punters can withdraw funds directly to their bank account or bank card, which is likely to incur a fee of up to 7.5%. Meanwhile, withdrawals to Indian bank accounts may be audited by the government, with punters having to then declare the source of the funds. In order to overcome this issue, a Skrill prepaid card can be used.
Is Using Skrill Safe?
Simply put, the answer to this question is yes. Skrill is fully licensed and regulated by trusted authorities, while it is completely legal in India too. Two-factor authentication is used to fend off third parties, while mobile users can add Google Authenticator to their device to add another layer of protection. Meanwhile, 128-bit encryption, certified by VeriSign, is used to guard against fraudulent activity, while each payment is analyzed.
How to Open a Skrill Account
Before you can start making payments using Skrill, an account must be set up. So, in order to open a Skrill account, follow these simple steps:
- Enter the Skrill website or download the Skrill mobile app.
- Select the “Register” option, found in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Fill out the registration form, including your full name, location and currency.
- Enter your email address and chose a memorable password.
- Select either a personal or business account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Confirm your new account and verify it via email to start making payments.
One of the potential limitations of Skrill is the fees involved. Fees can be incurred when funding your Skrill account, converting currency, withdrawing funds and for extended inactivity. In fact, those failing to log in for over 12 months will be charged INR 415.60 per month. However, generally speaking, depositing and withdrawing at betting sites is free. This varies between bookies, however most will cover the costs involved. The upload fee is around 2.5%, while the withdrawal fee is INR 415.60, while Skrill adds 3.99% to wholesale exchange rates.
Alternatives to Skrill
Skrill is a method of payment chosen by many betting customers nowadays, however it will not suit the needs of all. If you have not liked everything in which you have read about Skrill on this page, then be sure to check out the following alternatives:
- Credit/Debit Cards – Credit and debit cards remain the most popular payment method for betting customers, with their convenience and security still being attractive. While small fees are sometimes involved, credit and debit cards are available for both deposits and withdrawals, with the speed of transactions also being pleasing.
- Paysafecard – This prepaid card is also accepted at an increasing number of betting sites available to bettors in India. A Paysafecard card can be purchased in the following amounts: ₹5000, ₹2000, ₹1000, ₹500, ₹200 and ₹100. Paysafecard is a leading name in terms of online prepaid payments, with payments in other currencies being available too.
- PayPal – PayPal is the most popular e-wallet online today. Founded over 20 years ago, PayPal accommodates users from all over the world. Payments can be made in Indian Rupees, with the security, speed and convenience making it an appealing option for many.
Skrill Betting Sites in India 2021 – FAQ
Yes. Skrill has built an excellent reputation when it comes to safety. SSL encryption technology is used to keep all details secure, while the fact that users are not required to upload their bank details to their betting account adds another layer of protection.
As with any reputable payment method, verification is required at Skrill. Firstly, users must upload a valid form of identification, whether it be a driving license, passport or ID card. Meanwhile, documents will be reviewed by Skrill before payments can be processed.
Possibly, yes. We have outlined some of the potential fees when using Skrill at betting sites. However, the majority of deposits and withdrawals are available free of charge, with fees only being incurred for currency conversion and inactivity.
Betting remains something of a grey area in India. As a result, payments may be declined every now and then. Upon this occurring, it may be that punters have to select a different payment option.
Deposits made using Skrill at betting sites are processed instantly. This means that funds will be available to bet with immediately.
Withdrawals at betting sites using Skrill are generally processed in under 24 hours, meaning that there are no frustrating waiting periods in order to get your hands on winnings.
Tips for Using Skrill
Those who use Skrill effectively can get a lot out of the payment method. So, our experts have put together the following tips, which have been drawn up to maximize your experience:
- If you have any concerns or questions regarding Skrill and its services, be sure to contact the platforms customer service team, which is available 24/7. In our experience, their support team is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Be sure to verify your payment method as quickly as possible. Doing so will mean that deposit and withdrawal limits are as large as possible.
- With customers incurring a fee when withdrawing funds from their account, be sure to only do so when you need to. There is nothing wrong with seeing your account balance grow, with Skrill being available to use to make purchases elsewhere too.
- Be sure to look into the promotions available at Skrill. Their promotions page regularly delivers additional bonuses and rewards.
- Be sure to log in to your Skrill account at least once per year. Even if you have decided against using Skrill to make payments at betting sites, leaving inactive will bring about a fairly substantial fee each month.
Skrill Betting Sites in India: Bottom Line
Skrill has long been one of the most popular payment methods for betting customers in India. Its convenience, speed and safety means that is should meet the needs of most punters, with the number of betting sites accepting payments in this way having increased dramatically too. Skrill allows for both deposits and withdrawals, with the fees being minimal. With 24/7 support being available, along with payments in Indian Rupees, there really is very little to complain about at Skrill. So, be sure to check the e-wallet platform out for yourself, before deciding whether or not to open an account.