Google Pay Betting Sites in India 2021 (GPay)
Google Pay was launched back in 2015, with the online payment system being available to customers in a small number of countries, including India. The UPI-based mobile payment platform offers quick and convenient payments on betting sites, with Google Pay having become one of the most popular apps in India. This page will explain exactly how Google Pay works, including the top bookmakers that accept it.
Best GPay Betting Site in India 2021
What Is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a digital wallet and online payment platform developed by Google. Offering in-app and tap to pay purchases, Google Pay is available on many mobile devices, including iOS and Android. Payments can be made on sites, apps and in store using cards that have been saved to a Google Account. Multiple layers of protection help to ensure that payments are processed securely, with users being able to store or cash in on funds.
How Does Google Pay Work?
Near-field Communication (NFC) is used at Google Pay to transmit card details from the customer to the retailer. As such, there is no need for chip and pin or a magnetic stripe, making it similar to contactless payments. Most commonly used on Android devices, users can communicate with point of sale systems with the help of host-based card emulation and Android security. Fingerprint ID is used when available to verify payments, while a Google Pay passcode is another option. Your credit or debit card details will never be given to retailers, including on betting sites, with a virtual account number being generated instead. A one-time security code is then used to complete transactions. Bank cards can be added to your Google Pay account by simply uploading a photo of it or by entering details manually.
History of Google Pay
Google Pay was established in the summer of 2015 under the name Android Pay. It was not until 2018 when the platform changed its name to Google Pay, following a merger with Google Wallet and a license to operate within the EU. Upon its launch, Google Pay was available on around 70% of Android devices, as well as at around 700,000 merchants. Google Pay grew quickly, with the online platform now being accepted in countries around the world, including in India, United Kingdom and the United States. Google Pay has also become well known in the gambling industry, with many betting sites in India having added it to their list of available payment methods. Google launched UPI-based app Tez in India in 2018, before being rebranded just a month later.
GPay in India
Google Pay was launched in India on August 28, 2018, having initially operated as Tez. The Indian government has increasingly been promoting digital and prepaid transactions, with users of Google Pay requiring a bank account linked to their mobile telephone number, debit card and Android/iOS smartphone. Meanwhile, the National Payments Corporation of India has confirmed that Google Pay is a legal and valid payment method.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using Google Pay
Before you make a decision on whether Google Pay is for you or not, let’s take a closer look at the benefits and limitations of the payment methods when operating on betting sites. The following are the main pros and cons of Google Pay, based on our experiences:
Google Pay in Betting
Finding a Google Pay betting site is still relatively difficult, however more and more operators are starting to take note of its popularity. This perhaps comes as little surprise given the fact that Google Pay has only been in operation for a small number of years, with even e-wallet platforms such as Skrill having taken time to make their mark. Luckily for bettors, we have made things easy by listing the licensed bookmakers who currently accept payments via Google Pay.
How to Deposit Funds Using Google Pay
As we have already mentioned, only deposits are currently available via Google Pay, with those looking to withdraw funds from their betting site having to find an alternative option. Before you start processing such payments, it is important to understand exactly how they are completed. Below is a step by step guide for depositing funds using Google Pay:
- Find a bookie that accepts payments via Google Pay. Having done so, sign up using your personal details and verify your new account.
- Choose Indian Rupees as your preferred currency.
- Select Google Pay as your chosen method of payment.
- Enter your Google Pay details, including your phone number and ID.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- Verify your payment on Google Pay via the relevant notification.
- Tap on the “Pay” button and enter the pin number to confirm your payment.
- Start wagering using your newly-added funds.
At present, Google Pay is not an option when it comes to withdrawing funds at betting sites. As a result, an alternative option must be found, whether it be credit/debit cards, Skrill or a bank transfer.
Is Using Google Pay Safe?
The simple answer to this question is yes. All personal and bank details are kept safe using state of the art security tools, including SSL encryption. Meanwhile, the fact that fingerprint ID, face recognition or passcodes are used to verify payments adds another layer of protection. Meanwhile, licensed and regulated bookies will normally only accept Google Pay payments that match the account holder, while no financial information is passed onto the betting operator.
How to Open a Google Pay Account
Before you can start making payments via Google Pay, an account must be set up. So, in order to open a Google Pay account, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Google Pay app using your Android or iOS device. The relevant links are available via Google Play and the App Store respectively.
- Select your preferred language.
- Enter the relevant personal details, including your email address.
- Google Pay will detect your sim card number, so enable messages and allow the app to know your location.
- Enter the one-time password sent to your smartphone.
- Confirm your new account and start processing payments.
How to Add Bank Card to Your Google Pay Account
Before payments via Google Pay can be made, punters must add a bank card to their account. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Pay app and tap the “Add Bank account” option.
- Choose your bank account from the list.
- Wait for Google Pay to send a verification message to your bank, who will verify your details.
- Verify your bank account by entering the last 6 digits or your card.
- Enter your UPI Pin to link your bank account to Google Pay.
- Click on the “Don’t Know Your UPI PIN” if necessary.
Google Pay Fees
One of the main selling points surrounding Google Pay is the relative lack of fees. Deposits are processed instantly, without charge, at betting sites, which cannot be said of other payment methods. Those using Google Pay can also set their own limits when it comes to depositing on their chosen betting sites, with the maximum differing between bookies.
Alternatives to Google Pay Betting Sites in India 2021
Google Pay is now very popular in India, however it will not suit the needs of all. For those still weighing up the options available to them when it comes to funding their betting activity, be sure to check out all other available payment methods. Below are some of the most popular for punters in India today:
- Credit/Debit Cards – Credit and debit cards remain the most popular payment method for betting customers, with their convenience and security still being attractive. While small fees are sometimes involved, credit and debit cards are available for both deposits and withdrawals, with the speed of transactions also being pleasing.
- Paysafecard – This prepaid card is also accepted at an increasing number of betting sites available to bettors in India. A Paysafecard card can be purchased in the following amounts: ₹5000, ₹2000, ₹1000, ₹500, ₹200 and ₹100. Paysafecard is a leading name in terms of online prepaid payments, with payments in other currencies being available too.
- E-Wallets – Whether it be PayPal or Skrill, the security, speed and convenience of e-wallets make them another good option for customers at betting sites. Meanwhile, the fact that customers are not required to upload their bank card details to their bookie account adds another layer of security.
FAQ: Google Pay Betting Sites in India 2021
Yes! Depositing funds via Google Pay at betting sites means that the bookie will never gain access to your financial information. Meanwhile, payments via Google Pay are fully encrypted and require verification before they are processed.
Yes. A few different forms of verification are available to users, with at least one having to be used in order to process a payment. Fingertip ID, facial recognition or a passcode are options available to punters.
No. Deposits made using Google Pay are processed 100% without charge. This means that punters can bet with the full amount in which they upload to their bookmaker account.
Ensure that you have entered all details correctly and ensure that your bank card has the necessary funds. If you are sure that it is not an issue at your end, contact the Google Pay support team.
Deposits made using Google Pay at betting sites are instant.
At this time, Google Pay is not a method of payment that accommodates withdrawals. Those looking to take home winnings must use an alternative method.
Tips for Using Google Pay
As with any payment method, there are some factors to consider when looking to get the most out of Google Pay. This is why we have put together the following tips, designed to make sure you are being as efficient as possible:
- Remember that opening deposits made using Google Pay after signing up with a bookmaker are unlikely to see punters qualify for any welcome bonus that may be available. So, at least for your first deposit, consider an alternative if bonus funds are worth it.
- Set up fingertip ID where possible, as this is one of the most effective security tools offered by this payment method.
- In the event of losing your smartphone, be sure to contact the Google Pay support team. Although it is still difficult for payments to be made by someone who gets their hands on your device, Google Pay will be able to block any transactions.
Bottom Line on Google Pay / GPay Betting Sites in India 2021
Those operating on betting sites in India can take from this page that Google Pay is a method of payment that is quickly making waves in the industry. Despite not allowing for withdrawals, deposits processed in this way are speedy, secure and convenient, with the lack of fees putting it ahead of some other options too. Be sure to check out our recommended Google Pay betting sites, before deciding whether this is the new payment method for you.